Monday, January 24, 2011

PE4_Livebinders

Over the course of this month I have learned quite a bit about using Web 2.0 tools in my classroom, and for  general productivity.  One of the tools I am really excited about using and introducing to my students is LiveBinder.  LiveBinder is a great resource.  It mimics the traditional 3 ring binder, but it is an online digital binder that students and teachers can fill with information.  


One of the great things about LiveBinder is that students and teachers can access it from any computer as long as they have internet access.  Any LiveBinders can be made public, or they can be private and only available to students within a certain class.  

Another plus that LiveBinders offers is it's ease of use.  In a matter of minutes, students and teachers can set up a binder, organize, tabs, create sub-tabs, and begin populating a binder.  LiveBinders has the capability to hold many types of documents and a variety of media.  Pictures, video, presentations, and audio files can all be added to a live binder.  When it becomes difficult to add these items, teachers and students can simply enter a URL and upload the URL to their binder and have access to that resource every they open their binder.

As part of my RILS project, I would like to see each of my students create a LiveBinder and populate it as an eportfolio for the class.  I'd also like to create a LiveBinder that is specific to each class that I teach and populate it with important documents for my students.  This particular binder would be made available to students and parents.  LiveBinders makes it easy to share a binder, and to collaborate.  Binders can be shared simply by sending an email to the person we want to share with.  For those teachers and students who are familiar with, and use Googledocs, LiveBinders offers seamless integration!

Best of all, LiveBinders is free for students and teachers!  I am really excited to see if LiveBinders offers what my students and I will need to create and maintain our eportfolios.  Thanks for reading everyone, and Happy Blogging! 

No comments:

Post a Comment