Saturday, January 15, 2011

PE1_iMovie

I made it! 2 hours and 22 minutes later, I am now iMovie certified!  So, what does that mean?  It means that I have completed the iMovie training at Lynda.com.  Do, I know how to create and edit awesome videos, absolutely not! I have simply completed the training!


The training movies on Lynda.com were very informative.  They were very detailed and covered a breadth of information.  They were so detailed and packed with information that I am going to have to refer back to them as I work my way through using iMovie.  Watching all of the videos at one time was nothing short of overwhelming.  I tried to take notes as I followed along, but without the videos as a reference, my notes made absolutely no sense to me.  The more I watched the videos, the more confused I became.  After watching the whole 2 hours and 22 minutes of training videos, I finally decided to go back and chose 3 things I would like to master in iMovie, and those are the videos I studied very carefully.

While watching the videos I was amazed to see that iMovie offered so many advanced options.  At first glance, iMovie appeared to be a very basic software application.  But, I was surprised to find that it offered so much more.  iMovie offers basic video editing techniques, and a place to store and manage home videos.  For users who are looking for more of a challenge, iMovie also delivers.  Users who are really to study iMovie in depth will find that it offers tools for video stabilization, working with audio, adding transitions, precision editing, and creating movies with photos.  These are just a few of the things that can done in iMovie.

Learning to use iMovie is going to be a challenge for me, but as always, I am excited about learning something new! I look forward to working with iMovie and learning more about video editing!

Thanks for reading, and Happy Blogging everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment