Sunday, January 9, 2011

BP3_iGoogleScreenShots

Back in August when I began the EMDT program I knew many new challenges awaited me.  I also anticipated another year of school when I would be busy writing a bunch of useless research papers! Boy was I wrong.  My first four months at Full Sail have been nothing like what I had envisioned they would be.  These first four classes have been filled with learning.  The assignments have been hands on and very practical! I have been so excited and relieved to not have to write another boring research paper! Many of the tools we have been using have been very easy to use and great for streamlining the workload.  One of those tools is iGoogle.

Prior to beginning my studies at FSO I had no idea what an iGoogle page was.  I just knew it was going to be another rudimentary task I'd have to complete! But again, I was wrong.  iGoogle is awesome! It offers tools for time management, organizing, document sharing, email, and many things.

iGoogle is set up so that different tabs can be created and different information can be organized on each tab.  On my home screen I have a direct link to Facebook, Twitter, a To Do List, the local weather in my area, and a few other things I'd like to know when I log on to the internet.


I have also set up three other tabs.  Each these tabs is specific to the EMDT program and the ETC class.




At first glance iGoogle appeared to be time consuming and cumbersome, but as I began to explore it, I am finding that I like it quite a bit.  I really think it helps to have all of the links I will be using in one place.  That is certainly a time saver!  I don't know about anyone else, but I sure can use a great tool that will help me to be more organized and more conscious of my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment