Saturday, January 15, 2011

PE3_iMovie

In my last post I shared with everyone my first experience of creating a photo slideshow in iMovie.  In this post I am going to share the actual movie I created.  This is the first movie of this kind that I have attempted to create, but it certainly won't be the last.  It was a little time consuming, but I think that is because I don't know my way around iMovie.  I'd like to master this particular type of movie, as this is something I would like to require my students to do at the beginning of each semester.  This project will ultimately become a part of a digital portfolio that each student will submit at the end of the semester.

Before I share this with my students I'd like to fine tune it a bit more.  I would like to work on the transitions, add some video footage, find some different music, and edit the pictures a little better.  Editing the pictures was the hardest part of creating the movie.  As you will see, I couldn't get the pictures that were shot in portrait  mode to work well with the Ken Burns affect.  Those shots are either chopped off or they are still. I tried to add my themed transitions before each of the pictures that was shot in portrait mode to distract from the fact that the Ken Burns effect did get applied to them.  Using the transitions at those points in the movie worked well to mask that, but I'd still like to work on it a little more.

So, everyone, here is the link to my first iMovie slideshow! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. "Watching all of the videos at one time was nothing short of overwhelming. I tried to take notes as I followed along, but without the videos as a reference, my notes made absolutely no sense to me. The more I watched the videos, the more confused I became." Out of your comfort zone is a difficult place to be, but... "This is the first movie of this kind that I have attempted to create, but it certainly won't be the last." You are earning that certification with every frame you edit. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete